current covid precautions
Coughing / sneezing
under the weather
From the beginning of COVID restrictions in Victoria in 2019, to their easing in October 2022, I followed guidelines set out by the Victorian Department of Health.
Since October 2022, health guidelines have changed towards a model of 'individual responsibility'. The COVID guidelines I follow now (outlined above) still reflect the stringent measures set out across 2019-2022, but with a responsible easing of some measures.
Thank you for taking the time to read through this.
2019-2022 covid precautions
This plan is pending official review by the Victorian Government (details here).
As we navigate the COVID-19 pandemic, all Victorian businesses are required to have a COVIDSafe Plan to operate safely. I'll follow the guidelines issued by the Victorian Department of Health (DH), and will regularly update my COVIDSafe Plan to reflect any changes to these guidelines.
This plan relates specifically to my photography service, as I'm currently conducting all website design services remotely. In situations where I visit a client's worksite, I'll follow their COVIDSafe Plan in addition to my own COVIDSafe Plan.
Terminology in this Plan
Plan completed by:
Coughing / sneezing
Practise physical distancing
- I'll hold all meetings with the Client via phone or videoconference wherever possible.
- I'll remain at least 1.5 metres away from the Client during the photography session, and I encourage the client to do the same to me.
- In order to maintain at least 1.5 meres from the Client, I'll be restricted from using some lenses, for example anything below the 35mm focal length (however this is subject to the style of photography I'm doing).
- I'll restrict myself to verbal greetings; I won't shake hands, hug, etc.
- I'll limit indoor photography sessions to density quotients (i.e. gathering limits) as per current DH guidelines.
- I'll limit outdoor photography sessions to density quotients (i.e. gathering limits) as per current DH guidelines.
- I'll limit wedding photography sessions as per the current DH guidelines.
- In order to maximise physical distancing from other people, I'll opt for outdoor photography locations over indoor locations where practical. That said, given a large portion of my work involves using controlled studio lighting, working indoors will be preferred. As such, I have developed stringent indoor health measures in this Plan.
- I'll conduct all transactions (contracts and invoicing) electronically. This includes (but is not limited to) model release forms; photo release forms; and quotes and invoices.
- I'll deliver images electronically unless specific physical items (such as prints and/or albums) are ordered.
Wear a face mask
- I'll wear a face mask throughout the duration of any indoor photo shoot.
- I'll wear a face mask during any outdoor photo shoot whereby I can't socially distance.
- I'll carry, and wear when required, a single-use 3-layered surgical-grade mask for each photo shoot, and change any mask that becomes dirty during the photo shoot.
- I prefer the Client to also wear a face mask (type as described above) when I'm not photographing them, particularly for any indoor photo shoot. However, I understand I am visiting the Client's home and therefore cannot require them to do so, given Government mandate limitations, and basic social etiquette.
Practise good hygiene
- I'll maintain vigilant hand and cough hygiene at all times, and I'll require the Client(s) to follow the same measures.
- I'll carry hand sanitiser at all times. I encourage the client(s) to do the same.
- I won't permit the Client(s) to touch any of my camera equipment. This includes (but is not limited to) cameras; camera lenses; and lighting equipment.
- I'll sanitise all of my photographic and lighting equipment after each photo shoot. I'll record this information digitally in a cleaning log which the Client can view upon request.
- For any private transport I provide to the Client, I'll sanitise my private transport both before and after the journey.
- I won't be able to oblige taking photos for the Client using the client's phone and/or camera.
Keep records and act quickly if workers are ill
- I'll digitally collect the contact details of the Client ideally prior to the photo shoot, either by Google Calendar, Google Keep, or otherwise. This will include the Client's:
- Full name
- Phone number
- Email address
- Residential address (optional)
- My car is registered with a Victorian Government QR code:
- I might ask the Client to scan this code if I and the Client are conducting a photo shoot within close proximity (either indoors or outdoors) to where my car is parked.
- I will ask the Client to scan this code if I am transporting them to and/or from a photo shoot location.
- If either I or the Client becomes unwell or have symptoms of COVID-19, we agree to get in contact immediately to reschedule the photo shoot to a later date.
- In the event of a wedding, if I'm unwell and unable to photograph on the day, I'll seek to find a similarly-skilled photographer to take my place. The subsequent editing and delivery of images will still rest with me unless otherwise advised.
- If I come into contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case, I'll notify any Clients from the previous 14 days and notify WorkSafe immediately on the emergency line: 13 23 60. Likewise, if any Clients from a photo shoot come into contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case within 14 days of a session, they must inform me.
- I'm currently limiting my photo shoots to one Client per week. This is to ensure a time buffer in case either myself or the Client tests positive for COVID-19. For example, if 'Client A' tests positive for COVID-19, then I have one week to be notified by 'Client A' before I meet 'Client B'. I'll update this time buffer (either shortening or extending it) based on DH guidelines and common sense.
Avoid interactions in enclosed spaces
- I'll conduct photo shoot outdoors, wherever practical and possible.
- I'll maintain physical distancing wherever possible when conducting an indoor photo shoot.
- For any indoor photo shoots, I'll increase ventilation wherever possible by opening doors and/or windows.
- For any private transport I provide to the Client(s), I'll wear a face mask and require the Client(s) to do the same. Where possible I'll provide ventilation by opening the vehicle windows and/or using the air conditioning system.
Create workforce bubbles
- As a sole operator, I'll be working alone.